Even though CPR and AED Awareness Week was the first week of June, I think it’s important to be aware year-round. I recently received my CPR Anytime Kit from the American Heart Association, and I wanted to share it with you along with some important information that I received from them. You can get your own CPR Anytime Kit at http://www.shopheart.org – what a great teaching tool for your family!
Important information about CPR from AHA:
- Only about 46% of people who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest receive the immediate help that they need before professional help arrives.
- About 70% of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happen in homes. If you are called on to give CPR in an emergency, you will most likely be trying to save the life of someone you love: a child, a spouse, a parent or a friend. CPR, especially if performed immediately, could double or triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival.
- Women are also less likely to receive CPR from a bystander. Barriers include fear of legal ramifications and accusations of inappropriate touching.
- Adult & Child CPR Anytime kits contain everything you need to learn the lifesaving skills of CPR, AED awareness, and choking relief in about 20 minutes in the comfort of your own home. The self-guided training takes you through the steps – all you need to do is practice.
- You can learn more about CPR and where to find training near you at cpr.heart.org.
Make it a goal this summer to train your family in CPR. You never know when it might be needed and whose life it might save.
very interesting information.Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this blog.
HealthForce Training Center
Connecticut|Florida|New Jersey|New York